Join Our Team
Animal Lovers Wanted
Great position for empty nesters, retirees, stay home moms, small business owners with flexible schedules!
We have an amazing staff but are always looking for great people who have a genuine love for animals to add to our Team. If you are interested in joining the 4 Paws Walker family as a dog walker or a pet sitter we would love to hear from you.
Please read this link first “Independent Contractor” before applying to be sure you understand, plus, this allows you to see if you are a good fit!
We will need you to have a smart phone (preferably that has unlimited text or email capability), dependable car, valid drivers license. If you have all of these and would like to apply we would be happy to hear from you! We use electronic tracking systems (GPS in and GPS out) log in so that clients know when we arrive (where we walked their pets, etc.) and leave them notes with pictures on each visit through our database (which you will use your cell phone for this)
We have an amazing staff but are always looking for great people who have a genuine love for animals to add to our Team. If you are interested in joining the 4 Paws Walker family as a dog walker or as a pet sitter we would love to hear from you.
What Exactly Does A Pet Sitter Do?
- Take dog(s) for walks, pick up after them when they go to the bathroom
- Scoop cat litter boxes
- Clean up any accidents a pet may have had (vomit, diarrhea, urine)
- Bring in client’s mail, trashcan and/or newspapers
- Dispense medications, if necessary to dogs and/or cats
- Send detailed note/picture with a detailed description of each visit on your cell phone app
- Feed and give water to pets
- Occasionally meet with clients
- Occasionally work and drive in unfavorable conditions (rain, sleet, snow, etc.)
Must be extremely reliable (call outs are a rarity in this business).
- Must absolutely love all dogs and cats, big and small (and other animals)! No professional experience required but must love and be comfortable with all animals.
- Must have some personal experience caring for animals.
- Must meet the availability noted in the shift you choose!
- Must be comfortable with modern technology as we use an online system for managing our visits and do lots of communication via email and text.
- Must be a team player and have a positive, happy attitude about work!
- Location: Woodbridge, Va (NO Exceptions!!)